To me blogging is just a form of therapy. I guess I have deemed it "verbal vomit" and must admit I do not even read blogs unless prompted to while one of my siblings is standing over me, or waiting on the phone while I log on. However this morning mom called and told me I need to read Wendy's Blog. Mom was so enamored by it and could not contain her smile over the phone. It was very touching and I must admit I felt a tinge of jealousy for her excitement over Wendy's story. So here goes my epiphany.... I have been living close to my family for six months something I have not had for about 12 years.... I get to see them, feed them, fight them, fund them and on and on. I have savored every moment because I know that New Mexico is calling me and my family back to the Land of Entrapment (license plates indicate Enchantment but I prefer the later). Blogging seemed stupid when you could just rehash a story "Arnett Style" in person or over the phone. Since my denial has left me this morning and I am left with the raw truth that I will not be living, loving, fighting, feeding next door to my family for much longer blogging is the next best thing.
So here is my feeble attempt at jumping in the blog world.
What an intro for my one little thought....Last week I was accosted by a phrase I had no words for. My usual counseling tricks of reflecting what the person had just said seemed innapropriate. I went to pick Trey up from the neighbor's house across the street. When met at the door by the loving mother she looked at me and said, "we have had an incident." I was thinking great what did he do. She then proceeded to tell me that "I think Trey saw me naked!" Now for my stupor of thought.... Do I say "Thank-you", "Oh he probably liked it because he is kind of a perv", "That's alright just don't let it happen again", or just reflect her sentiments..."Trey saw you naked, Ewwwwe...
"I don't know what to say to that."
Monday, August 13, 2007
I love the saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!! That sums up my relationship with Lee Alexander Murphy. I am definitely a stronger person because of him. Today is his 37th birthday. So my first ever blog is dedicated to the man that I have spent the last 15 years with. I have not killed him nor he I. (But that is not for lack of trying)
Lee is the most complex and intriguing man I have ever been married to. This picture is my most favorite picture ever of Lee. I think brilliant people like Lee are never at peace. But for one brief moment in the misty mornings of Ocala Florida Lee found peace. (Not with me but with a horse!) He still has not been able to break me. Secretly he would be bored if I always listened to his sage advice and did what I said I was going to do.
Lee often questions if I even like him (He knows I Love him but Like is different) so what follows is 37 things I love/like about Lee. Happy Birthday Lee!
1. The most awesome calf muscles
2. Unquenchable thirst for any type of learning
3. You are not threatened by me being smarter than you ha ha...
4. Uncanny ability to dedicate songs
5. You wake up happy and talking nonsense
6. Great "Faaaa" Soup (Spelling??)
7. Your testimony of the Savior
8. Spiky Hair
9. Long Curly white eyelashes
10. Ability to fix crappy cars, lawn mowers, computers, bikes, etc
11. Knowledge of anything technical or mechanical
12. You can always make Shani smile or laugh when I want to beat her
13. Horse whisperer
14. You can beat Ty or Trey at any Star Wars video game
15. You are not afraid to spend money on nice things or things you want
16. You let me... let you.... think you are in charge
17. Play catch for 13 hours straight with Trey
18. You throw back fish after you catch them (Thank you!!)
19. You will eat macaroni and cheese and consider it a meal
20. You still think tomato soup and grilled cheese are gourmet food
21. Tendencies toward OCD behavior
24. You have taught our children the gospel in a way that they understand
25. Giving up everything you love and dream of for your family
26. Wanting your children to experience good literature Lord of the Flies, The Hobbit, Book of Mormon, Yertle the Turtle, and Where the Red Fern Grows and more.....
27. Ability to share a thought or view coherently (unlike me)
28. Can give inspiring talks
29. You still can run fast.... the best Flag Football Player at NMT
30. Patience with Shani
31. Great soccer coach to TY and Trey
32. Never give up on any project
33. "What are you doing Paige?"
34. Letting me be "Beazus"
35. Teaching me to follow through on things
36. Letting me be whatever I want to be and encouraging more out of me
37. I still think you are ever so handsome in a ball cap and sunglasses